Tuesday, January 28, 2014

PERSEPHONE BOOKS

There are a few things that I've just had innate gut feelings about in a really obnoxious wont-stop-talking-about-it way (example), and after stumbling upon their website, Persephone Books was one of them.

I recognized the books immediately from my mother's bookshelf back at home, and once I learned what they were about, I couldn't imagine why I hadn't been obsessed with them before (it's more likely that my mom told me about all this but I did the yeah-uh huh-cool thing and didn't process any of it....xoxo mom). A more detailed look into Persephone Books can be found here, but the gist of it is they take under appreciated women authors from the past and re/publish them so they can get the attention they deserve.

Look below to see what I got! Yaaaaaaay for recklessly spending my stipend.
























  1. The Persephone Book of Short Stories. This is their 100th book, and I thought it would be a good basic one to grab as my first purchase.
  2. Cheerful Weather for the Wedding by Julia Strachey Audiobook. To make the time I spend eating Bourbon creams alone in my room seem more quaint and intellectual.
  3. Decorative paper. All of their books have the nicest patterned paper lining the inside covers, so I grabbed some of my favorites to use when I get the itch to CRAFT (aka most moments).
  4. Persephone Books bag. Because I needed something to carry my stuff and I like to be environmentally friendly when I go to the grocery store. Duh. Necessary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment